Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Recommendation and Endorsement Letter Writers: Click Here
Lecturer Positions in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
THIS SEARCH IS CURRENTLY CLOSED TO NEW APPLICATIONS
Lecturer in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science with a focus on Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or Human-Computer Interaction. Specific duties are outlined below:
- Full-time participation in educational activities during the academic terms (Fall, Independent Activities Period, and Spring) including:
- Interacting with students, e.g. by lecturing, leading recitations, or staffing lab and office hours.
- Creating content, such as lecture materials, problem sets, quizzes, videos, and other on-line materials.
- Carrying out administrative responsibilities, such as locating, hiring, supervising course staff, record-keeping, and interacting with Department and Registrar.
- Possibly participating in the creation/migration of courses onto OCW and/or MITx.
- Course assignment will include some of the following courses and may include other related courses:
- Introduction to Machine Learning (6.036)
- Machine Learning (6.867)
- Introduction to Algorithms (6.006)
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms (6.046)
- Mathematics for Computer Science (6.042)
- Artificial Intelligence (6.034)
- User Interface Design and Implementation (6.813)
- Research opportunities might arise, such as co-supervision of undergraduate or masters projects.
- PhD in topical area related to responsibilities.
- Significant successful teaching experience in related undergraduate courses.
- A demonstrated interest in educational innovation.
- The position will be an academic year appointment.
- Initial appointment will be for two years, with potential for appointment extensions.
Position start date could be as soon as September 1 2020 though can be negotiated. Applicants must apply at
and MIT Job site https://hr.mit.edu/careers.
Please contact Irene Huang, email@example.com,
with questions regarding this position.
- All applicants should provide
- A cover letter speaking to qualifications and preferred course assignments.
- A teaching statement specifying teaching beliefs and practices.
- A CV listing educational background, publications, talks, and other applicable experience.
- Two letters of recommendation from previous teaching experience(s).
For general questions, technical issues, or problems submitting documents, please contact Search-Admin@faculty-searches.mit.edu.